Chelsea vs Manchester City live stream and match preview, Thursday 5 January, 20:00 GMT
Chelsea vs Manchester City live stream and match preview
Looking for a live stream of Chelsea vs Manchester City? We’ve got you covered. Chelsea vs Manchester City will be shown on Sky Sports in the UK. Brit abroad? Use a VPN to watch the Premier League with your subscription (opens in new tab) from anywhere.
A 1-1 draw with Everton (opens in new tab) means Manchester City (opens in new tab) lost ground in the Premier League title race last weekend.
Pep Guardiola’s side cannot afford to fall too far behind Arsenal (opens in new tab)who show no signs of slowing down at the top of the table.
As for Chelsea (opens in new tab)a 1–1 draw against Nottingham Forest (opens in new tab) New Year’s Day saw them seven points behind the top four.
The kick-off is at 20:00 GMT. Make sure you know how to watch the Premier League (opens in new tab) wherever you are.
Chelsea will have to do without N’Golo Kante, Reece James, Wesley Fofana, Ben Chilwell, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Edouard Mendy and Armando Broja.
Manchester City will not be able to call on the services of Ruben Dias and Julian Alvarez, but Aymeric Laporte could return to the match selection.
City have won just one of their last three top-flight games, losing 2–1 at home to Brentford (opens in new tab) just before the World Cup.
Chelsea have come out victorious from just one of their last seven appearances in the Premier League, placing them eighth heading into the weekday round.
Paul Tierney will be the referee for Chelsea vs Manchester City.
Chelsea vs Manchester City is played at Stamford Bridge with a capacity of 40,341 in London.
Kickoff and channel
The kick-off between Chelsea and Manchester City has begun 20:00 GMT On Thursday, January 5 in the United Kingdom. The game is shown Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Football (opens in new tab).
In the US, kick-off time is 3 p.m. ET / 12 p.m. PT. The match will be shown on NBC in the US. See below for international broadcast options.
If you’re abroad for a Premier League match, you won’t be able to watch on your domestic streaming service as usual. The broadcaster knows where you are because of your IP address (boo!) and blocks you from watching it. However, you can use a VPN to get around that, without resorting to illegal feeds found on Reddit.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN), assuming it meets your broadcaster’s terms and conditions, creates a private connection between your device and the internet, meaning the service can’t determine where you are and let you watch. And all the information that passes between them is completely encrypted, anonymous and secure – and that’s a result.
There are plenty of good options out there. For the Premier League, FourFourTwo currently recommends:
International Premier League TV rights
• UK: Sky Sports (opens in new tab) and BT Sports (opens in new tab) are again the two protagonists, but Amazon (opens in new tab) also take a piece of the pie in 2022/23.
• USA: NBC Sports Group is the rights holder of the Premier League, with the Peacock Premium (opens in new tab) streaming platform with even more than the 175 games it aired last season. If you pick up a fubo TV subscription (opens in new tab) for the games that are not on Peacock Premium, you can watch any game.
• Canada: The way to watch Premier League football in 2022/23 is fuboTV (opens in new tab)who has the exclusive rights to all actions.
• Australia: Optus Sports (opens in new tab) will screen every game of the Premier League season. Non-subscribers can access the promotion via a Pick up TV box (opens in new tab) and other friendly streaming devices.
• New Zealand: Heaven sports (opens in new tab) serving all 380 matches – plus various highlights and magazine shows throughout the week, as well as the Champions League.
#Chelsea #Manchester #City #live #stream #match #preview #team #news #kickoff #time #Premier #League #match